Andreas J. Köstenberger is director of PhD Studies and professor of New Testament at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary in Wake Forest, North Carolina. He is a prolific author, distinguished evangelical scholar, and Editor of the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society.
Köstenberger received his M.Div. at Columbia Biblical Seminary and a Ph.D. from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School where he studied under D. A. Carson. He also has a doctorate from the Vienna University of Economics. He has been teaching at SEBTS since 1996.
- God, Marriage, and Family: Rebuilding the Biblical Foundation (Crossway Books, 2004).
- Salvation to the Ends of the Earth: A Biblical Theology of Mission, with Peter T. O'Brien. New Studies in Biblical Theology (IVP Academic, 2001).
- Encountering John: The Gospel in Historical, Literary, and Theological Perspective (Baker Academic, 2002).
- Women in the Church: An Analysis and Application of 1 Timothy 2:9-15, written with Tom Schreiner (Baker Academic; 2nd edition, 2005).
- John in the Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament (Baker Academic, 2004).
- BiblicalFoundations.org, Köstenberger's blog
- Interview with Köstenberger on 1 Timothy 2:12 by Justin Taylor