Sinclair Ferguson Sinclair Ferguson (born 1948) is a Scottish theologian known in Reformed Christian circles for his teaching, writing, and editorial work. He received his Ph.D. from the University of Aberdeen and was a minister in the Church of Scotland from 1971 to 2005, when he transferred to the Associate Reformed Presbyterian Church. He has served as an editor with the Banner of Truth Trust and worked as a minister at St George's-Tron Church, Glasgow.
Ferguson is the Senior Minister of the First Presbyterian Church in Columbia, South Carolina. He has previously taught in residence at Westminster Theological Seminary's Dallas campus, prior to which he held the Charles Krahe Chair for Systematic Theology at the Philadelphia campus. He has also taught at other reformed seminaries, including Reformed Theological Seminary.
Ferguson is a friend of R. C. Sproul and has been a speaker at a number of Sproul's Ligonier Conferences.
- John Owen: The Man and His Theology (2003) ISBN 0875526748, contributor.
- The Big Book of Questions & Answers about Jesus (2000) ISBN 1857925599
- The Grace of Repentance (Today's Issues) (2000) ISBN 1581341652
- Reformed Confessions Harmonized (1999) ISBN 080105222X, editor with Joel Beeke
- Big Book of Questions and Answers (1997) ISBN 1857922956
- The Holy Spirit (1997) ISBN 0830815368
- Heart for God (1996) ISBN 0851515029
- The Christian Life (1996) ISBN 0851515169
- Discovering God's Will (1996) ISBN 0851513344
- Sermon on the Mount (1996) ISBN 0851515193
- Grow in Grace (1989) ISBN 0851515576
- Children of the Living God (1989) ISBN 0851515363
- New Dictionary of Theology (Master Reference Collection) (1988) ISBN 0830814000, editor with David Wright&action=edit&redlink=1) and J. I. Packer
- John Owen on the Christian Life (1987) ISBN 0851515037