Darrell L. Bock (b. 1954) is a New Testament scholar and research professor of New Testament Studies at Dallas Theological Seminary in Dallas, TX. He has a B.A. from the University of Texas at Austin (1975), a Th.M. from Dallas Theological Seminary (1979), and a Ph.D. from the University of Aberdeen (1983). Bock has also done postdoctoral study at Tübingen University in Tübingen, Germany where he was a Humboldt Scholar. He is an expert on Luke-Acts.
Bock is an Editor at Large for Christianity Today and is a Past President of the Evangelical Theological Society (2000-2001).
- ed. w/ Mitchell Glaser, To the Jew First: The Case for Jewish Evangelism in Scripture and History. Kregel Academic, 2008.
- Acts, Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Baker, 2007.
- w/ Daniel Wallace, Dethroning Jesus: Exposing Popular Culture's Quest to Unseat the Biblical Christ. Thomas Nelson, 2007.
- Can I Trust the Bible? RZIM Critical Questions Discussion Guides. InterVarsity Press, 2007.
- ed., Interpreting the New Testament Text: Introduction to the Art and Science of Exegesis. Crossway, 2006.
- The Missing Gospels: Unearthing the Truth Behind Alternative Christianities. Thomas Nelson, 2006.
- Jesus in Context: Background Readings for Gospel Study. Baker, 2005 (Vol. 3 of Series).
- Bible Knowledge Word Study: The Gospels. Cook Communications, 2005.
- Breaking the Da Vinci Code: Answers to the Questions Everybody's Asking. Thomas Nelson, 2004.
- Jesus According to Scripture: Restoring the Portrait from the Gospels. Baker, 2002 (Vol. 2 of Series).
- Studying the Historical Jesus: A Guide to Sources and Methods. Baker, 2002 (Vol. 1 of Series).
- Purpose-Directed Theology : Getting Our Priorities Right In Evangelical Conversations. InterVarsity Press, 2002.
- The Bible Knowledge Key Word Study: The Gospels. Cook Communications, 2002.
- Blasphemy and Exaltation in Judaism. Baker, 2000.
- ed. Three Views on the Millennium and Beyond. Zondervan, 1999.
- Luke, NIV Application Commentary. Zondervan, 1996.
- Luke, InterVarsity Press New Testament Commentary, IVP, 1994.
- Luke 9:51-24:53, Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Baker, 1996.
- Luke 1:1-9:50, Baker Exegetical Commentary on the New Testament. Baker, 1994.
- Series Title: Historical Backgrounds to the Gospels and Life of Jesus, many articles by Darrell Bock (bible.org)
- Do Gender-Sensitive Translations Distort Scripture? Not Necessarily (PDF)
- The Kingdom of God in New Testament Theology: The Battle, The Christ, The Spirit-Bearer, and Returning Son of Man
- When the Media Became a Nuisance (Christianity Today)