Francis Watson is a Christian scholar and professor of New Testament
Exegesis at the
University of Durham. ^
^ He formerly taught at the University of Aberdeen where he was the Kirby Laing Chair in New Testament. Watson is a respected scholar in the areas of
biblical interpretation and the
theological interpretation of Scripture. He has an MA and DPhil from Oxford.
- Text and Truth: Redefining Biblical Theology. Eerdmans, 1997; 2009.
- Paul, Judaism, and the Gentiles: Beyond the New Perspective. Eerdmans, 2007. ^^
- Paul and the Hermeneutics of Faith. T. & T. Clark, 2004.
- Agape, Eros, Gender: Towards a Pauline Sexual Ethic. Cambridge Univ. Press, 2004.
- Text, Church, and World: Biblical Interpretation in Theological Perspective. Eerdmans, 1994.
- Paul, Judaism and the Gentiles: A Sociological Approach. Cambridge, 1986. ^^
Notice of appointment to Durham, May, 2007.
- ? This is a revision and expansion of his disseration which was originally published with Cambridge in 1986.
- ? This is Watson's published disseration.