John M. Frame (b. 1939) is an American philosopher and a Calvinist theologian especially noted for his work in epistemology, presuppositional apologetics, systematic theology, and ethics. He is one of the foremost interpreters and critics of the thought of Cornelius Van Til. He is currently Professor of Systematic Theology and Philosophy at Reformed Theological Seminary, Orlando.
"An outstanding theologian, John Frame distinguished himself during 31 years on the faculty of Westminster Theological Seminary, and was a founding faculty member of WTS California. He is best known for his prolific writings including ten volumes, a contributor to many books and reference volumes, as well as scholarly articles and magazines. Dr. Frame is a talented musician (organ) and discerning media critic who is deeply committed to the work of ministry and training pastors." ^^
- Princeton University, A.B.
- Westminster Theological Seminary, B.D.
- Yale University, M.A., M.Phil.
- Belhaven College, D.D.
- The Doctrine of the Christian Life. A Theology of Lordship. P&R, 2008.
- Salvation Belongs to the Lord: An Introduction to Systematic Theology. P&R, 2006.
- The Doctrine of God. A Theology of Lordship. P&R, 2002.
- The Doctrine of the Knowledge of God. A Theology of Lordship. P&R, 1989.
- Contemporary Worship Music: A Biblical Defense
- Apologetics to the Glory of God: An Introduction
- Cornelius Van Til: An Analysis of His Thought
- No Other God: A Response to Open Theism
- Worship in Spirit and Truth
- Covenantal Worship: Reconsidering the Puritan Regulative Principle
- Perspectives on the Word of God
- The Writings of John Frame and Vern Poythress
- Machen's Warrior Children (PDF)
- Foreknowledge and the Free Will of Men
- Doctrine of the Christian Life (See "Ethics Spring 2005 Class Reading")
- The Wonder of God Over Us and With Us
- Toward a Theology of the State
- Free Will and Moral Responsibility
- Men and Women in the Image of God
- Unregenerate Knowledge of God (pdf)
- In Defense of Christian Activism
- Lordship and Non-Christian Ethics (PDF)
- The Other Shoe: Copyright and the Reasonable Use of Technology
- Levels of Ethical Evaluation
- The Word of God and Christian Ethics
- When in the Course of Human Events Does Civil Disobedience Become Necessary?
- "But God Made Me This Way!"
- An introduction to the ethical problems of genetically-mandated homosexuality
- Pastoral and Social Ethics - Lecture Outline (PDF)