All editors at Theopedia are required to personally affirm:
- God has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by Jesus Christ, whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance
to all by raising him from the dead. Everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name!
- We believe in the Holy Trinity. There is one God, who exists eternally in three persons: the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- We believe the Bible is the written word of God, inspired by the Holy Spirit and without error in the original autographs. The Bible is the revelation of God's truth and is infallible and authoritative in all matters of faith and practice.
- We believe that all are sinners, and outside of Jesus Christ, are presently under God's condemnation and deserving of God's judgment.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God, who through His perfect life and sacrificial death atoned for ungodly sinners.
- We believe in the literal death, burial, bodily resurrection, and ascension of Christ.
- We believe that salvation comes for the sinner by the grace of God alone, through faith alone in the person and work of Jesus Christ alone.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit indwells God's people and gives them the strength and wisdom to trust Christ and follow Him.
- We believe that Jesus will return, bodily and visibly, to judge all mankind — receiving true believers to Himself and condemning the rest to eternal "torment." (Rev 14:11;
- We believe that all aspects of our lives are to be lived to the glory of God under the Lordship of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit.
Theopedia's point of view
An editor is not required to agree completely with the following. Theopedia's content shall be consistent with our preferred point-of-view (POV):
This preferred point-of-view (POV) will logically influence articles beyond those specifically related to Calvinism. In doctrinal matters unspecified here, content will conform to traditional, evangelical Protestantism. Any disputes will be resolved by
administrators and board members.