Peter Enns is an American Old Testament scholar and was Professor of Old Testament and Biblical Hermeneutics at Westminster Theological Seminary (WTS), Philadelphia until 2008. He has a BA from Messiah College
(1982), an MDiv from Westminster Theological Seminary (1989), and MA (1993) and PhD (1994) from Harvard University where he also served as a Teaching Fellow from 1990-1994. Enns was the editor of the Westminster Theological Journal from 2000-2005.
WTS suspended Enns following the end of the Spring semester, 2008 due to the theological issues raised in his book Inspiration and Incarnation.^^ Enns decided to leave WTS after fourteen years and did so on mutually
agreeable terms with the WTS administration.^^
- Ecclesiastes. Two Horizons Commentary Series. Eerdmans, 2008.
- Invitation to Genesis. Abingdon, 2006.
- Inspiration and Incarnation: Evangelicals and the Problem of the Old Testament. Baker Academic, 2005.
- Exodus. NIV Application Commentary. Zondervan, 2000.
- Exodus Retold: Ancient Exegesis of the Departure from Egypt in Wisdom 10:15-21 and 19:1-9. Scholars Press, 1997.
- Poetry and Wisdom. Baker, 1997.
- With Tremper Longman III and Mark Strauss, Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary. Baker, 2009.
- With Tremper Longman III, Dictionary of the Old Testament:Wisdom, Poetry, and Writings. IVP Academic, 2008.
- ↑ See A Message from the Board of Trustees and the official documentation.
Cf. Bruce McCormack's criticism here.
- ↑ Joint Statement by WTS and Professor Enns
Reviews of Inspiration and Incarnation