Matthew D Kim
Matthew D. Kim Matthew D. Kim (b. 1977) is senior pastor of Logos Central Chapel in Denver, Colorado. He received his Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) from Carleton College, his Master of Divinity (M.Div.) from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, and his Master of Theology (M.Th.) and Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) from the University of Edinburgh. He serves on the executive committee of the Evangelical Homiletics Society and is a fellow of the Society for the Advancement of Ecclesial Theology.
- 7 Lessons for New Pastors: Your First Year in Ministry (St. Louis: Chalice, forthcoming, 2011)
- Preaching to Second Generation Korean Americans: Towards a Possible Selves Contextual Homiletic (New York: Peter Lang, 2007)
Articles and chapters
- “Finding the Right Church,” Ministry Transitions, www.buildingchurchleaders.com (forthcoming, 2010).
- “3 Homiletical Challenges for the 21st Century,” Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society 9 (2009): forthcoming.
- “Marriage for a Korean American Couple,” Marriage at the Crossroads: Couples in Conversation about Discipleship, Gender Roles, Decision-Making and Intimacy, by Aída Besançon Spencer, William David Spencer, Celestia Tracy, and Steven R. Tracy (Downers Grove: InterVarsity, forthcoming, 2009).
- “Challenging the Patriarchal Ethos: Gender Equality in the Korean American Church,” Global Voices on Biblical Equality: Women and Men Serving Together in the Church, eds. Aída Besançon Spencer, William David Spencer, and Mimi Haddad (Eugene: Wipf & Stock, 2008), 52–69.
- “Evaluating Prospects: What criteria should we use to assess candidates?” Pastoral Search, www.buildingchurchleaders.com (October 7, 2008).
- “Search and Employ: Follow these simple steps to get the search process moving,” Pastoral Search, www.buildingchurchleaders.com (October 7, 2008).
- “Possible Selves: A Homiletic for Second Generation Korean American Churches,” Homiletic: A Review of Publications in Religious Communication 32 (2007): 1–17.
- “A Bi-Cultural Homiletic: Korean American Preaching in Transition,” The Journal of the Evangelical Homiletics Society 6 (2006): 38–65.
- “Asian American Preaching,” The Art and Craft of Biblical Preaching, eds. Craig Brian Larson and Haddon W. Robinson (Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2005), 200–204.