Maintaining Purity in an Impure World - Interview with Family Life Today
A Conversation with Joshua Harris (MP3 from "The Albert Mohler Program")
Harris is the original author of the widely-circulated inspirational short story " The Room," which originally appeared in New Attitude, a quarterly magazine for homeschooled teenagers he published from 1995 to 1997. ("The Room" was later reprinted in I Kissed Dating Goodbye and is frequently misattributed to an anonymous author, or to deceased student Brian Keith Moore of Teays Valley, West Virginia.)
In 1997, Harris published his first book,I Kissed Dating Goodbye, advocating a Christian approach to dating and courtship. Sequels included Boy Meets Girl, in part describing his engagement to his wife, Shannon, released in 2000, and Not Even a Hint: Guarding Your Heart Against Lust in 2003.
In 1998, he moved to Gaithersburg to serve as a pastoral intern under C.J. Mahaney, then senior pastor of Covenant Life Church, the founding church of Sovereign Grace Ministries. The next year Harris hosted the first annual New Attitude Conference in Baltimore, which he ran until assuming the role of senior pastor in 2004.
Harris' brothers, twins Alex and Brett, are the hosts of the The Rebelution, which includes a blog proclaiming a biblical worldview for teenagers.
- I Kissed Dating Goodbye ( Summary, TOC; 1997, republished in 2003) ISBN 1-59052-135-8
- Boy Meets Girl: Say Hello To Courtship (2000) ISBN 1-57673-709-8
- Not Even a Hint: Guarding Your Heart Against Lust (2003) ISBN 1-59052-147-1 (re-published as Sex Isn't the Problem, Lust Is in 2005. ISBN 1-59052-519-1)
- Stop Dating the Church! Fall in Love with the Family of God (2004) ISBN 1-59052-365-2
- Not Even a Hint - A Study Guide for Women
- Weblog of Joshua Harris
- Biography of Joshua Eugene Harris
- Sermons by Joshua Harris
- The "Rescuing Sex" Message Series
- Self-Centered Sex, by Joshua Harris
- The Man Who Ignited the Dating Debate (Christianity Today)
- Josh & Shannon Harris with Rebecca St. James - Dating And Waiting (Family Christian Bookstore)
- Looking beyond lust, by Emily Louise Zimbrick (Washington Times)
- Not Even a Hint to New Attitude: A conversation with Joshua Harris (Sovereign Grace Ministries)