John Zizioulas (b. 1931) is an Eastern Orthodox theologian and titular Metropolitan of Pergamon, under the Ecumenical Patriarchate of Constantinople. Zizioulas first studied at the University of Thessaloniki but eventually graduated with a degree in theology from the University of Athens in 1955. He then studied patristics under Georges Florovsky at Harvard Divinity School where he received his MTS in 1956 and earned his doctorate in theology from the University of Athens in 1965. Zizioulas was professor of theology for 14 years at the University of Glasgow and the University of Edinburgh (both in Scotland), and has been a visiting professor at the University of Geneva, Gregorian University, and King's College, London. He was consecrated as a bishop on June 22, 1986 and named Metropolitan of Pergamon.
- Remembering the Future: An Eschatological Ontology. T&T Clark, 2010. ISBN 9780567032355
- Lectures in Christian Dogmatics. T&T Clark, 2009. ISBN 9780567033154
- Communion & Otherness: Further Studies in Personhood and the Church. T&T Clark, 2007. ISBN 9780567031488
- Being and Communion: Studies in Personhood and the Church. St Vladimirs Seminary Press, 1997. ISBN 9780881410297
- Eucharist, Bishop, Church: The Unity of the Church in the Divine Eucharist and the Bishop During the First Three Centuries. Holy Cross, 2001. ISBN 9781885652515
- Douglas Knight, ed. The Theology of John Zizioulas: Personhood and the Church. Ashgate, 2007. ISBN 9780754654308