Henri Blocher Henri A. G. Blocher, a French evangelical theologian, was Gunther Knoedler Professor of Systematic Theology at Wheaton College Graduate School from 2003-2008 and is Professor of Systematic Theology, Faculte Libre de Theologie Evangelique, Vaux-sur-Seine, France.
Blocher earned a Bachelor of Divinity from Gordon Divinity School (1959), a Diplôme d’Etudes Supérieures de Théologie (old doctoral regime), from Faculté Libre de Théologie Protestante of Paris (1974), and Doctor of Divinity from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary (1989).
As evidenced in his book, In the Beginning, Blocher is a proponent of the "Framework" view of the Genesis creation account, discussed in Interpretations of the creation account.
He was a member of the Lausanne Committee on World Evangelization (1975-1980) and recently became the President of the Fellowship of European Evangelical Theologians.
- Original Sin: Illuminating the Riddle, InterVarsity Press, 2001.
- In the Beginning: The Opening Chapters of Genesis, InterVarsity Press, 1984.
- Evil and the Cross : An Analytical Look at the Problem of Pain, Kregel Publications, 2005.
- Suicide, InterVarsity Press, 1972.
- La Doctrine du péché et de la rédemption, Vaux-sur-Seine, Edifac, 2001.
- La Doctrine du Christ, Vaux-sur-Seine, Edifac, 2002.
- La Bible au microscope : Exégèse et théologie biblique, vol. 1, Vaux-sur-Seine, Edifac, 2006.
- Yesterday, Today, Forever: Time, Times, Eternity in Biblical Perspective (PDF) Tyndale Bulletin 52.2 (2001): 183-202