George Hunsinger is an ordained Presbyterian minister and theologian. He is currently the Hazel Thompson McCord Professor of Systematic Theology at Princeton Theological Seminary in Princeton, NJ. Hunsinger was the director of the Center for Barth Studies at Princeton from 1997 - 2001. Hunsinger received a BD from Harvard University Divinity School and an MA, MPhil, and PhD from Yale University. His work has focused primarily on the theology of Karl Barth. Hunsinger was the recipient of the 2010 Karl Barth Prize and joins previous prize recipients Eberhard Jüngel, Hans Küng, John W. de Gruchy, Johannes Rau, Bruce McCormack, and others.
Hunsinger has also been associated with the postliberal movement and is an authoritative interpreter of Hans Frei. He has a long history of anti-war and human rights activism and is also an open critic of the war in Iraq. Since 2003 he has been active in the Ecumenical movement through the Faith and Order commission and recently completed a book on The Eucharist and Ecumenism: Let Us Keep the Feast, published by Cambridge University Press in 2008.
- The Eucharist and Ecumenism: Let Us Keep the Feast. Current Issues in Theology. Cambridge, 2008.
- Disruptive Grace: Studies in the Theology of Karl Barth. Eerdmans, 2001.
- How to Read Karl Barth: The Shape of His Theology. Oxford, 1991.
- Torture Is a Moral Issue: Christians, Jews, Muslims, and People of Conscience Speak Out. Eerdmans, 2008.
- For the Sake of the World: Karl Barth and the Future of Ecclesial Theology. Eerdmans, 2004.
- Karl Barth and Radical Politics, Westminster, 1976.
- Hans Frei, Types of Christian Theology, Yale, 1992. Co-edited with William C. Placher
- Hans Frei, Theology and Narrative, Oxford, 1993. with William C. Placher.
- Faculty page
- Christians Against Empire at Princeton
- George Hunsinger Awarded the 2010 Karl Barth Prize
- George Hunsinger Recipient of 2010 Karl Barth Prize from Union of Evangelical Churches in Germany
- Church Folks for a Better America (interview with Hunsinger)
- Funeral Meditation: he read the book
- 10 propositions on the logos asarkos: 10 counter-propositions (scroll down)
- Meltdown in Iraq
- Thinking Outside the Box, Part 1: Further Reflections on a Third Way for Our Church (includes links to Part 2 - 4)
- Why the Torture Abuse Scandal Matters
- Iraq-Don’t Go There
- Iraq: Crisis of Conscience
- A Thirty Years War?