Epistle to the Philippians
- The Message of Philippians (MP3), by Mark Dever
- Philippians: Context & Outline, Outline & Thought Flow, Thought Flow (MP3s), by Hans Bayer
The book of Philippians was written by the Apostle Paulfrom Rome during the two years he spent there waiting for his case to be heard before Nero, who was Caesar at that time. The Book has several themes. Paul writes to encourage the Philippians and to express his gratitude for the concern they demonstrated to him.
The Apostle Paul
Date of Writing
Approximately 60 to 62 A.D. during the two year captivity of Paul written about in Acts 28.
- The Apostle Paul
- Joy in spite of Suffering
- Confidence in Christ
- Letter to the Philippians Online Reading Room: commentaries and other resources (Tyndale Seminary)
- IVP Commentary on Philippians, by Gordon Fee
- Introduction, Background, and Outline to Philippians, by Greg Herrick
- The Birth of the Church at Philippi (Acts 15:36–16:40), by Bob Deffinbaugh
- Devotionals on Philippians