The Contours of Christian Theology is a book series published with InterVarsity Press and is edited by
Gerald Bray. The series is designed to treat to main themes of Christian doctrine in a way that "compliments the traditional textbooks but does not copy them." Each volume focuses on contemporary issues, and the goal
is "to rework the orthodox evangelical position in a fresh and compelling way." ^^ Technical vocabulary has been defined for the non-specialist reader, and the presentation "has avoided the extremes of academic
This series is intended for theological students at all levels, whether a Bible college, seminary, or secular college. The intent is to also make it applicable to ministers and educated lay-people.
- Gerald Bray,
The Doctrine of God, 1993.
- Robert Letham,
The Work of Christ, 1993.
- Paul Helm, The Providence of God, 1994.
- Edmund P. Clowney, The Church, 1995.
- Charles Sherlock, The Doctrine of Humanity, 1997.
- Sinclair B. Ferguson, The Holy Spirit, 1997.
- Donald MacLeod, The Person of Christ, 1998.
- Peter Jensen, The Revelation of God, 2002. (includes a discussion of scripture)
- ? Series Preface.