Bruce K. Waltke is an
Old Testament scholar and Professor Emeritus of Old Testament Studies at Regent College. He has doctorates from Dallas Theological Seminary (ThD) and Harvard University (PhD). He has had a distinguished career as Professor
of Old Testament at Dallas Theological Seminary, Westminster Theological Seminary, Reformed Theological Seminary (Orlando), and Regent College (Vancouver).
Waltke's writings and publications include,
Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax,
Finding the Will of God: A Pagan Notion? and commentaries on the books of Micah, Genesis, and Proverbs. He served as Old Testament editor for the "Expositor's Bible Commentary", the "New Geneva Study Bible", the "Spirit
of the Reformation Study Bible", and co-edited the Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament. Waltke is also a member of the translation committee for
TNIV and served a term as president of the
Evangelical Theological Society.
- A Commentary on Micah. Eerdmans, 2007.
- An Old Testament Theology: A Canonical and Thematic Approach, Zondervan, 2006.
- The Book of Proverbs: 15-31, NICOT. Eerdmans, 2005.
- The Book of Proverbs: 1-15, NICOT. Eerdmans, 2004.
- Theological Wordbook of the Old Testament (co-author) Moody, 2003.
- Finding the Will of God: A Pagan Notion?. Eerdmans, 2002.
- Genesis: A Commentary, with Cathi J. Fredricks. Zondervan, 2001.
- Knowing the Will of God, with Jerry MacGregor. Harvest House, 1998.
- An Introduction to Biblical Hebrew Syntax. Eisenbrauns, 1990.
- Creation and chaos: An exegetical and theological study of biblical cosmogony. Western Conservative Baptist Seminary, 1981.