The Abrahamic Covenant, found in Genesis 15, granted the Israelites a promised land in the Land of Israel. In this covenant, God promises (see Genesis 12:1-3; 13:14-18; 15:1-21; 17:1-22):
- To make from Abraham a great nation and to multiply his seed exceedingly and to make him a father of great many nations.
- To bless Abraham and make him great.
- To make Abraham a blessing to all the families of the earth.
- To bless those who bless him and curse those who curse him.
- To give Abraham and his seed forever all the land which he could see.
- To give him a sign of the covenant (circumcision).