William C Placher
William C. Placher (1948 - Nov 30, 2008) was a postliberal theologian and LaFollette Distinguished Professor in the Humanities at Wabash College. He spent 1994 at the Center of Theological Inquiry in Princeton. He earned his MA (1974) and PhD (1975) from Yale University. In 2002, the American Academy of Religion named him the best teacher in the country, honoring him with the Excellence in Teaching Award.
This article is a stub. Please edit it to add information.
- The Triune God: An Essay in Postliberal Theology. Westminster John Knox, 2007.
- The Domestication of Transcendence: How Modern Thinking about God Went Wrong. Westminster John Knox, 1996.
- Narratives of a Vulnerable God: Christ, Theology, and Scripture. Westminster John Knox, 1994.
- Unapologetic Theology: A Christian Voice in a Pluralistic Conversation. Westminster John Knox, 1989.
- Readings in the History of Christian Theology, Vols 1-2. Westminster John Knox, 1988.
- A History of Christian Theology: An Introduction. Westminster John Knox, 1983.