The Sermon on the Mount is the title given to Jesus' sermon found in Matthew 5-7. A similar, yet shorter version in Luke 6:20b-49 is sometimes called the Sermon on the Plain to distinguish its account from Matthew's. The title "Sermon on the Mount" goes back to Augustine's title he gave to his important commentary on Matthew 5-7,[^1] yet Matthew 5-7 was not generally given this title until around the sixteenth century.
- Matt Carter reads the Sermon on the Mount standing before the Sea of Galilee (Vimeo video; starts at 2m7s)
- Martyn Loyd Jones, Studies in the Sermon on the Mount. Eerdmans, 1984.
- D. A. Carson, Jesus' Sermon on the Mount and His Confrontation with the World: An Exposition of Matthew 5-10. Baker, 2004.
- Oswald Chambers, Studies In The Sermon On The Mount. Kessinger, 2007.
- John Stott, The Message of the Sermon on the Mount (The Bible Speaks Today). IVP, 1993.
- Augustine on the Sermon on the Mount (New Advent)
[^1]: Written between 392-396