Michael J Wilkins
Michael J. Wilkins is Distinguished Professor of New Testament Language and Literature and Dean of the Faculty at Talbot School of Theology, Biola University in La Mirada, CA. He specializes in New Testament Theology, Christology, and discipleship.
"Dr. Wilkins was among 12 scholars who were invited to attend a meeting of the "Jesus Study Group," held July 20-25, 2005 at the University of Tübingen, Germany. The group, sponsored by the Institute for Biblical Research, is an evangelical think-tank that examines and defends the historical authenticity of events in the life of Jesus. Dr. Wilkins presented a paper on 'The Confession by Peter of Jesus as Messiah.'" (Biola Connections, Winter 2006, p. 25)
Fuller Theological Seminary
- Dissertation title: "The Concept of Disciple in Matthews Gospel: As Reflected in the Use of the Term maqhths"
- M.Div., Talbot Theological Seminary
- B.A., Biola College
- In His Image: Reflecting Christ in Everyday Life
- Matthew: From Biblical Text to Contemporary Life (NIV Application Commentary Series)
- Discipleship in the Ancient World and Matthew's Gospel
- Jesus Under Fire: Modern Scholarship Reinvents the Historical Jesus (editor with JP Moreland)
- Michael Wilkins, Talbot Faculty page (lists more publications and articles)