Hal Lindsey Hal Lindsey (born 1929) is an American evangelist and Christian writer. A graduate of Dallas Theological Seminary and noted dispensationalist, he expresses this theology in his writings, focusing on end times prophecies.
Lindsey is probably most noted for his first book The Late, Great Planet Earth, published in 1970 by Zondervan. This became one of the best selling works of non-fiction in that decade. Coming on the heels of the Six-Day War, the book fueled the popularity of Dispensationalism and its support of ethnic Jews as the "chosen people of God". It has been published in 54 languages, has reported sales of over thirty-five million copies, and is still in print. Many of Lindsey's later writings are sequels or revisions and extensions of this first book.
- The Late, Great Planet Earth first edition 1970
- Satan is Alive and Well On Planet Earth
- There's a New World Coming
- The 1980s: Countdown to Armageddon
- The Final Battle
- The Terminal Generation
- Planet Earth: The Final Chapter
- Apocalypse Code
- Vanished into Thin Air: the Hope of Every Believer
- The Everlasting Hatred: The Roots of Jihad