D Stephen Long
D. Stephen Long Duane Stephen Long is a Christian Methodist theologian and Professor of Systematic Theology at Marquette University. He previously taught at Garrett Evangelical Theological Seminary, St. Josephs University and Duke Divinity School. Long was raised Anabaptist, educated by evangelicals, ordained in the Methodist church, and taught as professor of theology at St. Joseph's University, a Jesuit school. He received his PhD from Duke University (1991), MDiv from Duke University Divinity School (1987),^^ and BA from Taylor University (1982). He has written for a variety of journals and has contributed to the Cambridge Companion to Postmodern Theology (2003) ^^, the Cambridge Companion to Evangelical Theology (2007) ^^, and The Oxford Handbook to Systematic Theology (2007) ^^. Long is a proponent of radical orthodoxy and is a founding member of the Ekklesia Project.
- Speaking of God: Theology, Language and Truth. Eerdmans, 2009. ISBN 080284572X
- Theology and Culture: A Guide to the Discussion. Cascade Companions. Cascade Books, 2008. ISBN 155635052X
- Tragedy, Tradition, Transformism: The Ethics of Paul Ramsey. Wipf & Stock, 2007. ISBN 1556355475
- Calculated Futures: Theology, Ethics and Economics, with Nancy Ruth Fox and Tripp York. Baylor University Press, 2007.
- John Wesley's Moral Theology. Kingswood Books, 2005.
- The Goodness of God: Theology, Church and Social Order. Brazos, 2001.
- Divine Economy: Theology and Market. Radical Orthodoxy Series. Routledge, 2000.
- The Sovereignty of God Debate, edited with George Kalantzis. Cascade Books, 2009. ISBN 1556352174
- ? He studied under Stanley Hauerwas.
- ? The chapter was titled "Radical orthodoxy."
- ? Chapter titled "Justification and atonement."
- ? Chapter titled "Moral theology."