Ben Witherington III
Ben Witherington III New Testament scholar Ben Witherington III is Professor of New Testament Interpretation at Asbury Theological Seminary in Wilmore, Kentucky. A graduate of UNC, Chapel Hill, he went on to receive the M.Div. degree from Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary and a Ph.D. from the University of Durham in England.^^ Witherington, a Methodist scholar, is generally Arminian in his theology, an egalitarian (if not a feminist), and an active proponent of the gender-neutral TNIV as an improvement over the NIV Bible.
Witherington has also taught at Ashland Theological Seminary, Vanderbilt University, Duke Divinity School and Gordon-Conwell. A popular lecturer, Witherington has presented seminars for churches, colleges and biblical meetings in the United States and abroad.
Witherington has written over thirty books, including The Jesus Quest and The Paul Quest, both of which were selected as top biblical studies works by Christianity Today. He also writes for many church and scholarly publications, and is a frequent contributor to the Beliefnet website.^^
- Background Issues to the Study of the New Testament (Real Audio)
- Where is Jesus in All This? A Review of the Work of the Jesus Seminar (Real Audio)
- Panel Discussion (Real Audio)
- The Brother of Jesus: The James Ossuary and James the Just (Real Audio)
- Paul's Letter to the Romans: A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary, Eerdmans Publishing Company (2004). ISBN 0802845045
- The Gospel Code: Novel Claims About Jesus, Mary Magdalene and Da Vinci, InterVarsity Press (2004). ISBN 083083267X
- The Problem With Evangelical Theology: Testing the Exegetical Foundations of Calvinism, Dispensationalism, And Wesleyanism, Baylor University Press (2005). ISBN 1932792422
- Women and the Genesis of Christianity, Cambridge University Press (1990). ISBN 0521367352
- Women in the Earliest Churches, Cambridge University Press; Reprint edition (1991). ISBN 0521407893
- Women in the Ministry of Jesus, Cambridge University Press; Reprint edition (1987) ISBN 0521347815